Swedish books, Cordoba and La Herradura

Middle of December already. As I am not a fan of setting goals in January, it may be difficult for me now to draw some conclusions about achieving them or not. But I did achieve some unspoken goals indeed. 

I visited Sweden for the first time in May. At last! The country had been waiting for me since 1980, much too long. And I succeeded in reading "Häxan" (The Witch) by Camilla Läckberg and "Skumtimmen" (Echoes from the Dead) by Johan Theorin in the original version.

Although everybody is talking about productivity and growth, I was glad to (try to) decelerate my life a bit, also because slowdown has to do with sustainability. I am always more conscious that little actions in everyday life are crucial. 

This year, we discovered some parts of the province of Cordoba (Zuheros and Iznájar). We did not knew much of it except the capital (most foreign tourists in Spain will probably never seen anything else than its (wonderful) historic centre...). We found little gems in the summer, even if we were told that it was "much too hot to go there at that time of the year". 
If you choose your places carefully, it is simply not true. Temperatures are much higher than at the coast during the day, but also a lot lower during the night. If you adapt consequently (sightseeing early in the morning, reading under a tree and swimming during the day), a rural hotel can be an excellent choice. I was glad to let some money at places that I cherish, to buy organic food and to support people who work hard to offer guests a different experience (and welcome dogs without extra fee).

In September, IAPTI's fifth Conference in Valencia was a great experience too. I saw friends again, met new colleagues, learnt a lot and visited the centre of this vibrant city. I would have needed to walk more days and nights through the streets to capture its essence with my camera. 

Last week, as temperatures were still high, we walked on the hills between Almuñécar and La Herradura (province of Granada). Here two pictures of the small harbour Marina del Este. Enjoy!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water reservoir in Álora

End of the Year Again