Talent knocks at your door when it is ripe

Last summer, I felt the urge to return to my brushes after so many years.
During all this time, I did not even wait passively for my talent to manifest itself; I just had forgotten about it. But suddenly, inspiration became so obsessive that it led me like a zombie to the first art shop to buy some brushes and colours.

Maybe I needed this long break to develop my own artistic voice?
Already early in life, I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but times were hard for dreamers and others did not let me. I was surrounded by pessimists who only saw problems, preventing me from seeing opportunities. The only way to survive at that time was to put my dreams on ice. At home, at school and at university, I mostly learned what not to do, how not to work and not to live, but nothing about the way to achieve my goals.
I am sure - this long break was necessary to gain confidence and gather the courage to follow my own path.


Playing with soap


Comments

  1. Your story is my story Chani. It resonates in my bones. I was raised in a family of artists but told my talents lay in singing, not art. I sang opera dutifully for many years. But deep inside I did not believe my family's verdict. at night I dreamed of art, imagining myself painting vivid canvases in many media. One day I was compelled to go to an art store, like you. The minute I got home I picked up a brush and began to paint. I now own an art studio and my art hangs in many businesses and homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Isn't it astonishing that so many parents pretend to "know better" what is "the best" for their children and, doing so, to know ourselves better than we? Although they only see a very little part of us...
      And so often, children are not able to convince them that they are wrong. Such a waste of time...
      Now at least I am old enough to paint what I want. ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water reservoir in Álora

End of the Year Again