Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Rio Tinto: water

As I painted my work Rio Tinto ("Red River") almost two years ago, I only knew this unique place (in the province of Huelva, near the small town of Nerva, Andalusia, Spain) from the description of a friend. I googled a bit, read some articles, found some pictures... And inspired by what I had read and seen, I began to paint. The result was this work:




But my eyes had still not seen the red-orange-yellow-green-blue-black water. 
I finally was there a couple of weeks ago, and I can say that reality is more impressive than I could imagine: the colour of the water at different times of the day, the landscape around it, the work of human (abandoned railway, houses...).

I took a lot of pictures and classified them in categories. To begin with: water. Enjoy