Cacti in the sand

I wanted to create something with a minimalist design. A work that reflects my way of living, with as less as possible, every day a little bit less every time it is possible, because I am tired of consuming, buying, hearing so much noise, seeing so much waste, feeling so much hectic in shopping malls that are too hot in the winter and too cold in the summer. I do not spend one minute more than necessary there, but still...

I feel like we are missing the most important thing in life, like looking at playing cats, flowers, at the rain or at birds. We prefer to catch birds and put them in indecent small jails, forcing them to sing, but why does their song not hurt us?

I had no force to use a normal colour palette. No red, purple, orange this time. I have edited my work "Trees in the sand" (watercolour on paper) that I painted in 2014, adding very few lines digitally: yellow and turquoise with a technical pen. The trees of Leba (Poland) have now become cacti here in Andalusia: I love them so much, in parks and on the mountains. They do not make noise, do not produce rubbish, do not tell dubious jokes. ;-)   





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water reservoir in Álora

End of the Year Again