Energy

It is August again, which means that it will be New Year today in only five months (I saw the first advertisement for the Spanish Christmas lottery yesterday). I needed to create something strong and full of energy to help us to bear the heat and the noise of the summer here at the coast.
As August begins today, the challenges #DrawingAugust and #Waugust (both 1 drawing per day) begin today too on Twitter. I will kill two birds with one stone drawing one dog breed per day for #Waugust (in German), tagging my sketches with #DrawingAugust as well (yes, there will only be sketches, I have no time for more than that). Enjoy!





My first dog, the Afghan Hound

Comments

  1. Brilliant drawing! I used to see a lady who had these dogs and they always had a scarf around their neck when she took them for a walk. One day, I asked her why they were wearing the scarves and she told me it was because they had very long hair and when they sniffed the ground they gathered all the rubbish with their ears! Scary to think it will be New Year 5 months from now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zsuzsa. I can imagine how such a dog may look like with a scarf, ha ha. I will be drawing a different dog every day of this month for #Waugust ("wau" means "woof" in German), so you will see all of them at the end in a collage, or maybe already half of them in the middle of the month. It is just fun to draw them, next to the birds I draw for #AnimalAlphabets.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water reservoir in Álora

Focussing on the essentials in Pampaneira