And after corona?

To cheer me up, I am starting thinking about the time after corona...
At the moment, we need to obey rules and try to help others. Every one of us has questions, theories about the virus, what is wrong or right, should have been done or avoided. I am not an exception, but I do not want to discuss this now, because only time will tell what was true or not, when it is all over.

Unfortunately, one thing is certain: there will be even more rubbish in the nature. I see a lot of latex gloves and masks laying here on the streets, as if people no longer knew how to use rubbish bins. This protection material will end in the sea.



But otherwise? 
When physicians and nurses are striking and demonstrating, what they regularly do, will we take some action as well to support them, knowing that they are right doing so and that a poor health system also affects us all? Will we understand that it is not enough to vote once every four years to have a working democracy? Or will we be, again, too busy planning, working, travelling, going out, taking selfies and having fun to see a bit further?
And will environmental protection will finally be taken seriously? (If you understand French, there is an instructive article by Sonia Shah, "Contre les pandémies, l'écologie", in Le Monde diplomatique of March 2020).

I'm actually afraid that everything will continue as before.

Comments

  1. I know what you mean Chani! I saw pictures of Wuhan coming back to life and thought, here we go again, as if nothing has happened. I think people who can should continue working from home to avoid all that rush hour traffic. I know I work much better from home than in the office - then again, I walk 3 miles to work (6 miles round trip) so I don't really count LOL! Good to know you're well and healthy! We'll see what happens with this in the long run. For now, let's just all stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zsuzsa! I also think this crisis could be a huge opportunity to learn to contaminate and consume less... Stay safe and happy Easter!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water reservoir in Álora

End of the Year Again