¡Gracias, Au! Era mi manera de expresar mi tristeza, pero aún mucho más, de gritar mi rabia hacia medidas muchas veces absurdas. Y de agradecer a ciertas personas que luchan para que triunfe la verdad un día.
So interesting, Chani - and thought-provoking! I know a lot of people are tired of the restrictions - there are protests across Europe, I've heard - but what are they protesting against? If we don't control the virus, there will be even more restrictions and deaths. I must say, personally, I don't actually experience much of these restrictions and I'm happy working from home but I know a lot of people have lost their jobs, so I guess I'm just lucky? Also, I think introverted people have an easier time in lockdown - all three of us in my small family (even our teenage son!) are introverts, so we don't find the restrictions difficult at all. I feel sorry for people who have a hard time...
I am also rather introverted, but I am suffering because I haven't got much work those last months, which is not astonishing, as many activities were prohibited, postponed... People are protesting because they have lost their work, think the future of their kids is in danger without a "real" school, and/or think lockdowns are not the appropriate response and will generate more deaths than the virus itself (doctors and other specialists also have different opinions on this, time will tell who was right at the end).
Happy New Year to you all! I hope 2026 will be better for the world than 2025. I wish you good health and many interesting experiences. After the storm, at Carihuela Beach in Torremolinos (Andalusia, Spain) #Torremolinos #Carihuela #beach #storm #Spain #Andalusia
There was a strange light last night. Almost as if sand from the Sahara was back in the air ("calima"), but then hail came. These days are quite humid, which is actually a good thing. Rain is needed. Happy Holidays to you all! Just before the hail storm at Carihuela Beach (Torremolinos, Spain) #hail #December #Christmas #Torremolinos #Andalusia #Spain
In the province of Málaga, six storms have deserved a name so far this year: Goretti, Harry, Ingrid, Joseph, Kristin, Leonardo and Marta (today). The situation is extraordinary. We have gone from being a province plagued by constant drought to being like a saturated sponge. The good news is that water will not be a problem this summer (and next). The bad news is that about 11,000 people (and counting) had to be evacuated those last days in Cádiz and Málaga. The damage along the coast is limited. However, the situation is different in the inland area. For instance, the village of #Grazalema had to be completely evacuated two days ago. Let's hope for the best! Bajondillo Beach in Torremolinos (Málaga, Spain). There used to be a long stretch of beach beneath those stairs. #storms #rain #marta #beach #torremolinos #grazalema #málaga #cádiz
Es triste lo que hay detrás (lo que está sufriendo todo el planeta), pero es bella la idea de plasmarlo en palabras.
ReplyDelete¡Gracias, Au! Era mi manera de expresar mi tristeza, pero aún mucho más, de gritar mi rabia hacia medidas muchas veces absurdas. Y de agradecer a ciertas personas que luchan para que triunfe la verdad un día.
DeleteSo interesting, Chani - and thought-provoking! I know a lot of people are tired of the restrictions - there are protests across Europe, I've heard - but what are they protesting against? If we don't control the virus, there will be even more restrictions and deaths. I must say, personally, I don't actually experience much of these restrictions and I'm happy working from home but I know a lot of people have lost their jobs, so I guess I'm just lucky? Also, I think introverted people have an easier time in lockdown - all three of us in my small family (even our teenage son!) are introverts, so we don't find the restrictions difficult at all. I feel sorry for people who have a hard time...
ReplyDeleteI am also rather introverted, but I am suffering because I haven't got much work those last months, which is not astonishing, as many activities were prohibited, postponed... People are protesting because they have lost their work, think the future of their kids is in danger without a "real" school, and/or think lockdowns are not the appropriate response and will generate more deaths than the virus itself (doctors and other specialists also have different opinions on this, time will tell who was right at the end).
DeletePS It's great that you speak so many languages! I can just about make out some of German and Spanish words!
ReplyDeleteThank you. In fact, I speak more languages than those but I prefered to concentrate on some of them.
Delete