Old tractor in Iznájar

We were back to our beloved Iznájar (province of Cordoba (but almost in Malaga), Spain) after a whole year's absence. As always, we enjoyed the tranquillity, the scenery, our human and dog friends, even the heat, that is much drier than here on the coast. An old tractor next to our path reminded us that people make a living from farming there, producing the "liquid gold of the Mediterranean" (olive oil). On the foreground, pinkish-white caper flowers that smell wonderful. 


Comments

  1. OOh, I do love a little liquid gold. I believe my favourite brand comes from Spain or at least partly (Filippo Berio) - although I think it's made in Italy, it contains Spanish olives as well. That's the only brand I could find here that comes in a proper glass bottle - I don't like it when they put it in plastic bottles! Love the old tractor - my dad has one in Hungary - he bought it second hand imported from Japan! It's a smaller one that they use in the rice fields there. Enjoy your freedom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zsuzsa. Luckily, there are plenty of virgin olive oils in glass bottles here, mostly coming from our province or other parts of Andalusia). Of course, it is better to avoid plastic bottles, I also try to live without plastic as much as I can.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water reservoir in Álora

End of the Year Again