There is no planet B

It has been a long time since my last post. I have been on holidays and back at work, worrying about the forest fires in Southern France (not too far from the place in the countryside where we spent 10 days) and the flash floods in South-Eastern Spain (we knows this area quite well, we used to be there for New Year and sometimes also in September). 
Therefore, I did not want to let this climate strike week passing by without expressing my my support and my concern. I want my government to act, finally




Save the planet


Comments

  1. The climate is definitely changing - we can no longer deny it. I do my bit for the environment by walking to work - 3 miles there and three miles back - and to be honest I would be happy if I never had to take a flight again as I hate flying - but social conventions dictate that I have to travel for visits, holidays etc - I do as little flying as I can possibly get away with, just once every few years. I don't agree with the road blocks climate protesters set up polluting the environment even further - or the protests by people who don't do what they preach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zsuzsa, Like you, I try to drive and fly as less as possible: as we do not need a car here in town, we live without one (just renting one for 2-3 days if we want to make an excursion or holiday). And since May, after reading Yurena González' book "Mejor sin plástico" [Better Without Plastic], we are working hard to reduce plastic at home. But... I still feel I don't do enough. And governments are just doing even less. I cannot understand people who don't do what they preach: I think they haven't understood how serious the situation is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water reservoir in Álora

Focussing on the essentials in Pampaneira